Monday, March 8, 2010

My Initial Reaction



Upon learning about my dad's condition - anger was my first reaction.

I was angry at myself for failing to see my father's deteriorating condition.

Was I that blind not to notice that he was steadily losing weight? Don't I have the slightest idea that men in their 40's should be monitored for their blood pressure?

Did I not pay attention to my college professor that hypertension destroys the kidneys? that end stage renal disease is not only the result of diabetes ? that creatinine test is used to determine the condition of the kidneys?

And yes, I was angry with God too. After my mom's death...he wanted my dad's life too. How can he be cruel? I was certain that death is the end of my father's illness that there will be no more cure for him.

We couldn't afford a kidney transplantation and we don't know how long we will be able to sustain his dialysis treatment and medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment